In order to Backup apps from Gingerbread to transfer over to Jelly Bean we will need to use an app called Titanium Backup from the Play Store. It can be a lengthy process, but if your apps are worth it then follow along.
1) Download, Install and Open Titanium Backup
2)Tap "Allow" on Superuser Request, tap "OK" on First Start screen and also tap "OK" on the Changelog.
3) Tap "Menu" and then tap "Preferences"
4) Tap "Backup folder location", then tap back until you see "emmc", "sdcard" and "usbdisk"
5) Tap "emmc," and then tap "Create a new folder"
6)Type in "Titanium", tap "Create the folder", and then tap "Use the current folder"
7)Reboot the Device and open Titanium again.
Backup directory should now say "/mnt/emmc/Titanium"
8) Tap the menu button then tap "Batch actions..." and then tap "Run" next to "Backup all user apps".
Important Note: By default every app will be checked off. Feel free to uncheck any apps you do not need.
9)Tap "Run" when you are done selecting which apps you want.
You will then see "Backing up," and it will now backup up your apps with a status bar
When it finishes, the "Backing up" box will go away, and a notification will appear letting you know the batch backup finished.
All of your apps are now backed up to your the internal storage on the Nook.
If you get a new card, have to do a factory reset or perform a destructive upgrade, your apps will still be stored on the Nook.
If you need to restore to a new card, please follow steps 1 and 2 from above, then do the following:
1)Tap "Menu" in the upper right hand corner, "Preferences" then tap "Backup folder location", then tap "Detect"
2) Tap "Whole Device" and then tap "/storage/sdcard0/Titanium"
3) Tap "Use the current folder," and then reboot the device
4) Open Titanium Backup, and tap the checkmark in the upper right hand corner.
5) Tap "Run," which can be found next to "Restore all apps with data," and uncheck anything you do not want to restore.
6) After you pick which apps you want, tap the green checkmark in the upper right hand corner.
7) You will then see Restoring.
Tap Install, then tap Done.
It will say Restoring again and prompt you for the next app.
Please do this until all your apps are reinstalled.
Question? Problems? Recommendations? Please Contact Us