This is done for a reason and we can't impress enough just how important this is. Not using a Sandisk class 4 micro SD card can cause many problems and disrupt your enjoyment of our products.
Many of the reports we receive about problems turn out to be from users who are NOT using Sandisk Class 4 micro SD cards. Our support teams spend a lot of time dealing with customers requiring support who are having problems solely because they are using the wrong make and class of card.
We have tested many makes and classes of micro SD cards. Sandisk class 4 is the only one that gave us reliable results.
During our testing we discovered many other makes and classes of cards would often appear to initially work, especially on fresh setups. Then as the card got used, various issues would begin appear. Some cards only had small issues that you wouldn't necessarily attribute to the card, while others had glaring issues that stopped the card from working at all.
Some of the most common problems caused by using the wrong micro SD card make and class are as follows:
- Slow loading of apps
- Heavy battery usage
- Apps crashing or "Force closing"
- Android "freezing" for short periods during use causing a sort or "stuttering" effect
- Android taking an unusually long time to start up when you first turn on
- Android unexpectedly rebooting into Nook mode during use
- Nooks failing to recognise and start form your SD card and going straight to Nook mode instead of booting into Android
- Android getting stuck at boot animation and not starting up at all